Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

My television keeps going out. The power button and the OPC

Customer Question

My television keeps going out. The power button and the OPC buttons flash and the tv goes out.
Submitted: 22 days ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 22 days ago.

Hi I am Mike, the field technician assigned to help you. If you see a pop up for phone call service, it was not sent by me and I am not available by phone. To get started please try this:

-unplug the tv POWER cord from the wall outlet.
-press and hold the power button on the tv (not remote) for 20 seconds and release.
-plug in the tv power cord and try to turn on.

Reply back here and let me know if that worked or not.

Expert:  Mike G. replied 22 days ago.

If that does not help then unfortunately there is not going to be any easy reset/fix. The tv needs diagnosis, parts, and service. I can help with that but if you do not have the needed skills and tools then having it repaired by a local shop is your best option but you might actually be able to replace the tv for less than parts/labor.

Sorry for the bad news. If you need more help or don't understand something use the REPLY option and you may also submit a 3 to 5 star rating at the top of this page now. Rating does not close your question or prevent future replies which are at no additional cost. The longer you wait to submit a rating the less chance I will get credit.

Thanks