Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

I have a 3 year old Vizio Model E470i-A0....the picture has

Customer Question

I have a 3 year old Vizio Model E470i-A0....the picture has suddenly gone out without warning....sound is fine.....any suggestions
Submitted: 25 days ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 25 days ago.

I see you were chatting with the site assistant. I am Mike, the field technician assigned to help you. If you see a pop up for phone call service, it was not sent by me and I am not available by phone. To get started, I need to know you can see this message and are able to reply to me here.

-What is on the tv screen? all black or error message or...

-If you try to pull up the menu using the buttons on the tv itself or the original Vizio remote, does the menu come on the screen?

___________________________________________________________________

** My replies can take up to 5 minutes to appear **

** Do NOT start a new question **

Expert:  Mike G. replied 25 days ago.

Are you having website difficulties that are preventing you from replying?

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
Total Black
Expert:  Mike G. replied 25 days ago.

If you try to pull up the menu using the buttons on the tv itself or the original Vizio remote, does the menu come on the screen?

Expert:  Mike G. replied 25 days ago.

Not sure why you cannot reply....

Please try this:
-unplug the tv POWER cord from the wall outlet.
-press and hold the power button on the tv (not remote) for 20 seconds and release.
-plug in only the tv power cord and try to turn on.

If that does not help then unfortunately there is not going to be any easy reset/fix. The tv needs diagnosis, parts, and service. I can help with that but if you do not have the needed skills and tools then having it repaired by a local shop is your best option. I can help you with that too, just provide your zip code.

If you need more help or don't understand something use the REPLY option and you may also submit a 3 to 5 star rating at the top of this page now. Rating does not close your question or prevent future replies which are at no additional cost. The longer you wait to submit a rating the less chance I will get credit.

Thanks