Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a Toshiba TV/VCR model MV13K1R. I can't seem to get

Customer Question

I have a Toshiba TV/VCR model MV13K1R. I can't seem to get is to play a cable channel using channel 3. I there a way?
Submitted: 25 days ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 25 days ago.

Hello, Chances are Channel 3 is not how you're setup to receive cable on the TV. It's very rare for that these days. Can you tell me if you were using the set previously with your cable provider? Also how is the cable signal connected - is there a Cable Box? What type of cabling is used from the Box to the TV (these details are necessary)?

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
may have had it receive channels via master antennae in NYC apartment house. No cable box
Customer: replied 25 days ago.
Now I have satellite TV Direct/Att. and this TV is connected via a coax cable in a different room from the main TV and receiver
Expert:  Aric replied 25 days ago.

Using DirecTv, you do not select Channel 3. You need to run a channel scan. I can try to hep with this. But I need to know if you have the original Toshiba remote. Let me know.

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
Expert:  Aric replied 25 days ago.

Let me know if you can manually scroll up the channels to channel 61 or somewhere in that range.

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
OK give me a minute t go back upstairs where the TV is
Expert:  Aric replied 25 days ago.

Alright, Make sure the DirecTv/ATT box is turned ON before you do that please.

Expert:  Aric replied 25 days ago.

By using the UP channel buttons, were you able to get a single channel that displayed the DirecTv programming please?

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
no channel 61, highest is 43
Customer: replied 25 days ago.
remote is not working
Customer: replied 25 days ago.
forget it, Refund my $5
Customer: replied 25 days ago.
Cancel this request