Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have somehow set my Samsung DLP TV so that it verbally

Customer Question

I have somehow set my Samsung DLP TV so that it verbally announces every change in volume or other changes made and I can't get it to stop. How do I reset this so that it ceases these announcements? I have read the owners manual from cover to cover and can't find the answer!
JA: How old is your Samsung, and have you tried unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: It is very annoying when trying to watch TV.
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: The TV is 4-5 years old. I have tried cutting everything off and back on, but it remains the same. I have not yet tried to unplug it, as you suggested. I doubt that will work though because it seems to be in the settings that I have somehow changed...........
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: This happened yesterday when I was trying to trying to play some Elvis movies on my Blue Ray DVD
JA: Anything else you want the tv expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: which I had not used before.
Submitted: 22 days ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 22 days ago.

I see you were chatting with the site assistant. I am Mike, the field technician assigned to help you. If you see a pop up for phone call service, it was not sent by me and I am not available by phone. To get started, I need to know you can see this message and are able to reply to me here.

-When you are making these changes, which remote are you using? the original Samsung tv remote or another remote?

___________________________________________________________________

** My replies can take up to 5 minutes to appear **

** Do NOT start a new question **

Expert:  Mike G. replied 22 days ago.

Are you having website difficulties that are preventing you from replying?

When you are making these changes, which remote are you using? the original Samsung tv remote or another remote?

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
I used the regular remote control - the wiselink control won't work on the DVD, but the regular control did. As I said after that the voice started reiterating every change made to volume, etc.
Customer: replied 22 days ago.
No charges until satisfactory answer received, please! The only satisfactory answer is the one that corrects the TV problem!
Customer: replied 22 days ago.
I will let you know if the answer worked or not.
Customer: replied 22 days ago.
I received a call me msg & answered it. Now you say you are not available! Either give me the correct answer or cease charges - this is beginning to look like a scam! I will block all charges immediately if it is.
Customer: replied 22 days ago.
OK! I don't expect any charges until the problem is resolved - that's what I'm paying for!!!
Expert:  Martin replied 22 days ago.

Hi can you give me the model number of that Samsung DLP TV? If you can't find it, i may be able to retreive it from the Samsung remote control model number (but i prefer the TV model number).