Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

My tv is, not sure. how can I find out. it is at least 10

Customer Question

my tv is green
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: not sure. how can I find out. it is at least 10 years old. model code LN52A530P6FXZA
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: It works. And we have a picture
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: power outage with a hurricane. We've worked with Time Warner and the cable checks out
JA: Anything else you want the tv expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: nope
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Hello, The green screen generally indicates that the set is not receiving signal from your HDMI cable that connects the cable box to the TV (and TW has absolutely NO way to test that as that cable is in your home - nothing to do with "their" signal).

So that said, grab your Samsung remote and press MENU. Does your TV MENU display?

Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Also, just re-reading here. You said your screen is green. but you have a picture. Can you elaborate on that, are you saying the picture is "tinted" green? If so, then I need you to check and tell me what type of cabling is being used BETWEEN the cable box and TV

Expert:  Shahid replied 5 months ago.

Hello, I'm Shahid. Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help.

Please reply back if you still need assistance with this question.

Thanks.