Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

My volume off on tv but not on Netflix or youtube, e600i v3

Customer Question

my volume off on tv but not on Netflix or youtube
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: e600i v3 make is vizio serial #lftrpubq2400858
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: yes the menu comes up
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: 30 minutes the mute button started showing red to blue off and on
JA: Anything else you want the tv expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 25 days ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 25 days ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems.
By far the most common cause of this problem, is a glitch in the cable box processing.
Please follow the steps below:
1) Shut the TV off, and then disconnect the cable/SAT box AND the TV from power (unplug their power cords).
2) If using an HDMI cable, disconnect and reconnect the HDMI cable on both ends when the cable box is unplugged from power (make sure it's secure on both ends).
3) Press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote) for 10 full seconds while the set is unplugged, then release the power button.
4) Plug the cable box AND the TV back into power, then turn the TV on and attempt to watch a program.

Expert:  Aric replied 25 days ago.

Also, the power button is located on the rear lower left corner of the TV if you cannot find it.

Additionally, since your TV apps have sound and the cable programming does not, then we directly know that the issue is with your cable box - and NOT your TV. So if the issue persists beyond those steps then you would need to contact the cable provider and have them swap out your cable box.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
thanks for the help
Expert:  Aric replied 25 days ago.

You're welcome. Can you please click a POSITIVE RATING so that I am credited (scroll to the top of the page)?

Expert:  Aric replied 25 days ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?

Expert:  Aric replied 22 days ago.

Hello, I was just following up to see if you needed further help? The site shows that since the question is open that you are still looking for help. Or, if you received the information you were looking for-could you please kindly rate my service POSITIVELY (by clicking a 3-5 star rating by scrolling to the top of the page)? Thanks in advance.