Martin, Technician
Experience:  Studied video technologies before university. I still fix TV's in spare time.
14666028

Every few seconds the same band that reads "LED TV Series

Customer Question

Every few seconds the same band that reads "LED TV Series 6500 (6 Ultra Slim (which keeps expanding and covering the picture) [email protected] Energy-Efficient" keeps popping up and interfering with the picture. How do I get rid of it?
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: Series 6 6400 6500
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: The only source that get a picture is the HDMI4 which is set up to view Roku. I've been working the menu but can't seem to make a difference. But them I am not IT savy
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: That's a good question. My little grandchildren were here but I don't think that played with it. When I touch menu, a list comes up with Mode, backlight, contrast, brightness, sharpness, color, tent (G/R) and Eco Solution.
JA: Anything else you want the tv expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think so. Just needing to find out how to get rid of the same band of info about the TV at the bottom that keeps popping up every few seconds.
Submitted: 21 days ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Martin replied 21 days ago.

Let me pull my doc and see what i can do.

Expert:  Martin replied 21 days ago.

The TV is in "store mode". To put it in "home mode", Press the volume button on the TV. When you see the volume OSD (On Screen Display), press and hold MENU (also on the TV) for 5 sec.