Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

New LG 6 weeks old. Wont power up. I get solid red light for

Customer Question

New LG 6 weeks old. Wont power up. I get solid red light for about 3 seconds, blinks then shuts off...
JA: Has this happened before? And have you tried unplugging your LG and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: No, first time this afternoon. I watched tv for 15 min this morning then after lunch..issue
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: There is a black screen, i will try menu
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: this afternoon
JA: Anything else you want the tv expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: nope, its that simple
Submitted: 27 days ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 27 days ago.

I see you were chatting with the site assistant. I am Mike, the field technician assigned to help you. If you see a pop up for phone call service, it was not sent by me and I am not available by phone.

To get started please try this:

-unplug the tv POWER cord from the wall outlet.
-press and hold the power button on the tv (not remote) for 20 seconds and release.
-plug in only the tv power cord and try to turn on.

If that does not help then unfortunately there is not going to be any easy reset/fix. The tv needs diagnosis, parts, and service. Since the tv is under warranty you will want to contact LG(###) ###-####for warranty services.

If you need more help or don't understand something use the REPLY option and you may also submit a 3 to 5 star rating at the top of this page now. Rating does not close your question or prevent future replies which are at no additional cost. The longer you wait to submit a rating the less chance I will get credit.

Thanks

Expert:  Mike G. replied 25 days ago.

Hello, just checking back in to see if you still need help, or perhaps you would like to acknowledge that my time and input has been helpful?