Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

No signal, tried to change TV's. Need to know how to hook up

Customer Question

no signal, tried to change TV's. Need to know how to hook up cables on LG TV to an old charter cable box?
JA: Has this happened before? And have you tried unplugging your LG and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: No just got the TV. Had a FUNI
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Yes got a box
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: just now unpluged old tv and pluged in new one
JA: Anything else you want the tv expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: The plug coming out of the new tv has a ground pole hand to plug that in the wall
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

Hello, In order to help you I need further info:

1) There's many different Charter boxes, and many different types of cables. What type of cables are you trying to use (are they red,white and yellow)?

2) What is the full model number off of the back of the LG TV (since they make about 30 different models)?

Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

I'm unsure why you're unable to reply, but could you at least reply back and describe the type of cables you're using so I can get you on your way?

Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

I'll try to assist with the limited info provided.

If you're referring to red,white and yellow RCA cables, then the LG will generally NOT have a yellow, and instead you would plug the yellow into the "Y/Video" jack on the TV and then use the INPUT button on the original LG remote to select "AV" or "Video" (depending on the model number).

Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

Then the red and white will connect to the same colored jacks on the TV and cable box.

However if using some other type of cabling then smply reply back as I am not there to see what you have.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

Do you need further help with this?

Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

Hello, I was just following up to see if you needed further help? The site shows that since the question is open that you are still looking for help. Or, if you received the information you were looking for-could you please kindly rate my service POSITIVELY (by clicking a 3-5 star rating by scrolling to the top of the page)? Thanks in advance.