Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have just been given a samsung 850fh-yb03, it do'nt go.

Customer Question

Hi, I have just been given a samsung 850fh-yb03, it do'nt go. All I was told by my friend who gave it me was they overloaded a multi box(power) and it stopped going. I am an electrician so I opened it to see if there was anything obvious. I have checked the fuses that I can see, when I power it up it makes a double clicking noise, as if something turns on and then is turned off soon after, red power light on front stays solid red. Dont have remote Cheers John
Submitted: 27 days ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Louie replied 27 days ago.

Hi John and welcome to the site, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.

Initially, bear with us; re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the Samsung.

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
Hi Louie
model 850FH-YB03
Manufactured 2009.06.24
Cheers John
Expert:  Louie replied 26 days ago.

John, might it perhaps be an S50FH-YB03 panel? The model number would be something like PL51D530A3FXZA.

First order is to determine if the power supply is working; i.e. are all the secondary voltages present...consistently.

Then determine if the panel is priming; i.e. upon powering on, the panels turn from all black to soft gray.

To serve as common reference, please post back with clear pictures of the rear of the TV showing the lboard layout. Click HERE.

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
Hi Louie, my bad yes you are correct on model number,I have attached a photo of the back, I have tested the mains voltage to the brown circuit board in the middle and that is good, I do'nt know where to test the secondary voltages.
Cheers
Expert:  Louie replied 26 days ago.

The "...brown circuit board in the middle..." is the power supply board.

The expected voltages would normally be stenciled/printed right across or very near the connectors.

Two (2) very important voltages for the panel would be the Va and Vs.

Please post back with a very clear picture of the power supply board. Clear enough to be able to identify the board label.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
Hope this photo is ok? Just spotted on main label Vs 209 Va 56
added another photo
cheers
Expert:  Louie replied 26 days ago.

Appreciate the pictures.

And yes, these are the expected voltages when measuring the pins of the connectors.

As posted above, the Va and Vs are critical voltages.

Please check/measure the different connector pins and match reading with printed values.

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
Hi Louie
Sorry to take so long, got side tracked. I have tested the voltages on Vs and Va (added photos of test points)
And both the voltages are not solid, Vs is ranging from 125 to 209, and Va is ranging from about 20 to 56 vDC
Cheers John
Expert:  Louie replied 26 days ago.

Somewhere on the panel would be a sticker where the expected Va and Vs voltage would be printed. Please post back these values.

Still, since the voltages are not consistent would make this "...brown circuit board in the middle..." power supply board highly suspect.