Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

The voume goes up and down from inaudible to too loud, it's

Customer Question

the voume goes up and down from inaudible to too loud
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: it's 10 or 11 months old and model E32h-c1
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: yes the menu works. I don't know if I have the same trouble on all sources?
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It was working fine in the beginning, but then the volume was so low I could not hear. So, the instructions said to turn something off? i cannot remember the name. Anyway, I tried to reverse what I did, and the volume has been inconsistent ever since. For about 2 weeks now.
JA: Anything else you want the tv expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 27 days ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 27 days ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Expert:  Nathan replied 27 days ago.

Are you saying this happens all on its own (volume goes up and down without you touching anything)?

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
Expert:  Nathan replied 27 days ago.

Does it happen within an actual show, meaning during a single scene for example? Or does it happen mostly when going from a show to a commercial, between commercials, etc?

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
It happens at anytime no difference as to commercials or program
Expert:  Nathan replied 27 days ago.

Does it happen on all inputs (dvd, cable, apps)?

The setting you likely adjusted was a "true sound" or "level sound" type setting, meant to level out the loud volume that usually happens on commercials. If you turned that on in the tv or cable box settings, go back in and disable that first, then we'll see if the problem is resolved.

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
I did tell you that the volume changes at any given time not just as commercials come on
Customer: replied 27 days ago.
Plus I didn't touch the cable box. I don't think this is the best place to get help
Expert:  Nathan replied 27 days ago.

Yes you did, but I was asking you to check if it continued the same way even after changing that sound leveler setting back off.