Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a sharp tv mod lc-40le550u no sound no picture

Customer Question

i have a sharp tv mod lc-40le550u no sound no picture standby light on black screen PLEASE HELP ME
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Sharp is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: liquid crystal tv i have it about 4 years
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: i don't know
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: the picture went so was the sound
JA: Anything else you want the tv expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 23 days ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 23 days ago.

Hello and sorry you're having problems. Offhand, you were talking with the site auto-assistance, which is a computer. I am the actual tech helping you and I have a few questions of my own.

1) Did this issue occur after a storm or power outage by any chance?

2) Is there any response at all when you press the power button (standby light blinks, click sounds, screen lights, etc.)?

Expert:  Aric replied 23 days ago.

Please review my reply and send a reply back to me to proceed.

Expert:  Aric replied 23 days ago.

I'm not sure if you're having problems replying? Please don't try to reply to the e-mail the site sends you. Instead use the link to get to the site page and reply here.

Expert:  Aric replied 23 days ago.

I'm unsure why you're unable to reply, but I will try to engage this the best I can given the info you've posted.

We often see these sets develop faults after a few years, and in most cases it requires replacement of a component (the Power Supply Board being the most common).

However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up.

The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up normally. Try this procedure up to 2 times, and please let me know what happens.

Expert:  Aric replied 23 days ago.

Are you able to get any response from the set at all after the reboot please?

Expert:  Aric replied 22 days ago.

Hello, I was just following up to see if you needed further help. The site shows that since the question is open that you are still looking for help. Or, if you received the information you were looking for-could you please kindly rate my service POSITIVELY (by clicking a 3-5 star rating at the top of the page) to reflect that? Thanks in advance.