Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I tried to correct a problem with my tv yesterday. I tried

Customer Question

I tried to correct a problem with my tv yesterday. I tried to make some changes and I definitely screwed up. Now the tv shows no signal when I turbe on the Tv How can I get to the screen when I hit the von the vizio remote. Its now coming up with no signal.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Vizio is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: the model is e600i-b3 the tv is 3 years old
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: I can't get to thew menu right now because it shows no signal
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: There was a problem with the cable service and I tried to fix it by updating the picture and cable information which only made it worse.
JA: Anything else you want the tv expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: It only happened yesterday and I feel like an idiot
Submitted: 27 days ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 27 days ago.

Hello, The TV's MENU will still show up when it show's No Signal. You need to use the Vizio's original remote for that.

However, the reason you have No Signal on the screen, is caused by one of the following:

1) The Vizio being on the wrong "Input" selection (using the Vizio remote, you have the option of TV, Component, HDMI 1, HDMI 2, etc.).

2) The Cable Box (I'm assuming you're using a Box?) needing to be rebooted.

Or...

3) The HDMI Lead that affixes the Cable Box to the TV being faulty/intermittent, or pulled out on one end or the other.

Expert:  Aric replied 27 days ago.

That said, in order to fix this, you need to do the following:

Please unplug the Cable/SAT box from power and shut the TV off.

Disconnect and reconnect the HDMI cable between them on both ends- making sure it is secure.

Plug the Cable/SAT box back into AC and once it's rebooted turn the TV on, and use the INPUT button on the original TV remote to select the correct HDMI Input.

Let me know what happens.

If you still have no luck, then postback with the brand and model of the cable box (for example: Exporer 4340HD), and also the type of cable being used to connect the two.

If you need further assistance let me know and once satisfied, please click a POSITIVE RATING, as I am an independent Tech- not a Site Employee, and the rating is the ONLY WAY I am credited.

Expert:  Aric replied 27 days ago.

Hello, You posted a question which I answered above. Please do check the answer to solve the problem you're having.