Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a 6-year old Panasonic home theater sound system.

Customer Question

I have a 6-year old Panasonic home theater sound system. Recently when running a dvd movie I get audio but no picture on the TV. The unit displays the service #: DVD F750. I went to the troubleshooting guide and tried the recommendations to no avail. The owners manual says to note the service # and contact a qualified service person.
JA: What's the make and model of your tv? Have you had any issues with the picture before?
Customer: The monitor is a Panasonic Progressive Wide Plasma Display, Model No. TH-42PS9uk. I have never had a problem with the monitor in the 7 years I've owned it. The problem occurs when I switch the Home theater from then TV to the DVD mode. I normally get a blue screen with the letters DVD. Nest I get 3 yellow ovals indicating the DVD is playing. Now I get a blank screen with "No Signal" and the home theater unit starts playing the movie's audio but there is no video. The home theater unit then displays the service no. DVD F750.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: 2 days. Per the owners manual I turned the unit off and then back on again.
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I also turned the unit off, disconnected the AC power supply cord, and then reconnected it.
Submitted: 27 days ago.
Category: TV
Customer: replied 27 days ago.
My Panasonic DVD Home Theater Sound System Model number is: SC-HT740/SC-HT940/SC-HT743
Expert:  Aric replied 27 days ago.

Hello, Have you checked to make sure the TV's still set to the correct Input setting (Component, HDMI etc.)?

Also, what type of cabling is being used to send the video from the DVD to the TV, and if it's an HDMI, have you considered replacing that cable yet?

Additionally, have you tried unplugging everything for 5-10 minutes, checking the cabling between them (to make sure nothing has come loose) and then plugging everything back in?

Please elaborate and we can proceed.

Expert:  Aric replied 27 days ago.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.