Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a Sylvania LCD Color TV, Model LC320SS9 A (mfg. date

Customer Question

I have a Sylvania LCD Color TV, Model LC320SS9 A (mfg. date July 2008). The t.v. is plugged in and its red "off" light is on. When I use either the remote OR the "on" button on the t.v. itself, the red light switches to the green "on" light" which then flickers for about 5-6 seconds. Immediately, in the lower hand right corner of the t.v. screen, the words DIGITAL TELEVISION appear. That lasts for approximately 1-2 seconds --and then POOF! The t.v. switches back to the red "off" light. Can you help? I have checked ALL cords connected to the t.v.; all are secure.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Sylvania is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Manufacturing date is listed on back of t.v. as being "JULY 2008" - it was a gift (new) in either 2008 or 09 (don't remember).
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: No, I cannot see any tv menu. What do you mean by "sources/inputs"?
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: My t.v. has been working perfectly. Went up to D.C. for this past weekend; came back in time to watch "Poldark" on Masterpiece: AIEEEEEE: t.v. doesn't turn on!!!
JA: Anything else you want the tv expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am not on cable (as of July 2016): I have an antenna which picks up ABC, NBC, CBS, one PBS station, FOX network (not News), and something called CREATE. Got frustrated with Comcast -- having to pay for around 100 stations I'll NEVER watch! My grandson fixed me up with my present stations and service, and I'm delighted with what I get. He's out of the country until June 2017. I'm SURE this is a problem with the t.v. itself.
Submitted: 27 days ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Louie replied 27 days ago.

Hi and welcome to the site, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.

Initially, have you tried unplugging the TV for an extended period of time? ...and then plugging back in but into a different outlet?