Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

6500 UHD TV and am experiencing input issue such as when

Customer Question

6500 UHD TV and am experiencing input issue such as when using my ONKYO home theater input for items such as X-Box or Blue ray player it seems to properly switch and display but after a period of time it switches to my Direct TV input every time. I tried moving the Directv to HMDI 3 and place the ONKYO on HMDI 1 inputs with no difference is acts as though there in no ONKYO input and the only available on is the
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: Bought it this year it is a series 6, I updated the firmware earlier this week hoping for a fix.
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: I only have the two HMDI
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Nothing to note, we're playing a xbox game it switches by its self to the Directv when looking at the input selection it appears that the ONKYO is no longer selected yet I can hear the audio as it is playing thru the ONKYO speakers
JA: Anything else you want the tv expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 27 days ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 27 days ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Expert:  Nathan replied 27 days ago.

Can you give me the full model number of each device (tv and onkyo)?
In the meantime, are you saying that the xbox and bluray are routed through the onkyo, but the dtv box is connected straight to the tv?

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
TV UN65KS8000F
ONKYO TX-NR656
Yes the Xbox one and Blu-ray are routed through ONKYO via 4k HDMI Input cables and are connected to the One connector box that the UN65KS8000F uses for all HDMI inputs into the TV (saves space by being a separate box)
Expert:  Nathan replied 27 days ago.

So why are you not connecting the dish box through the onkyo also?

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
the tv has a Samsung sound bar that works great for TV stuff
Expert:  Nathan replied 27 days ago.

Sorry you've completely confused me at this point. So you are using both a soundbar and the onkyo surround system?