Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a 10 year old Samsung HL 85687 W. When the picture

Customer Question

I have a 10 year old Samsung HL 85687 W. When the picture dims or fades I knno it is the lamp I have changed lamps at least 3 times over its life. I just changed out the lamp again and it seems just as dim and faded. I bought another lamp thinking maybe this new bulb has an issuer and will install this one later tonight. I am thinking the mirror may need cleaning too if this does not work.
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box.
Customer: The cleaning aspect looks like a pain as I will have to pull the whole engine to get to the mirror.
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: 10 years old Samsung HL - 85687W
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Hmmm I will have to check that out. I am thinking yes because I was watching Netflix and it seemed Dim and a little off color
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Just started this week. Nothing. Its running well. No grind of the color wheel Seems to be running well
JA: Anything else you want the tv expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No I think thats it
Submitted: 24 days ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 24 days ago.

Hello

Welcome

If you see any messages particular ones for a phone call they are not from me but the site, I do not use the phone call facility myself, only this texting method which I consider the best way forwards, if however you want to use the phone call option this will go to a board for another tech to take up, if a tech considers this viable by phone he will ring you, otherwise if you do not want it please ignore it thanks.

A few requests for information coming now ….…..

Where are you getting the replacement lamps from please and for what price?

Anthony