Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

My closed caption is skipping words so badly that I cannot

Customer Question

My closed caption is skipping words so badly that I cannot follow the story line. Am trying to watch something on TCM but problem is there. It doesn't matter if its direct TV or the closed caption setting.. Have been in contact with Direct TV and followed their istructions which did not solve the problem. Have had TV for about a year or less. What do I do?
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Its Insignia DTS and is less than a year old.
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: All menus appear to be working. I only use direct TV and DVD. Problem appears to be on both sources.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: This has been going on since probably early October. Nothing happened that I'm aware of. It just started happening. Probably October about the time the new fall shows started coming on because I could not keep up with story lines.
JA: Anything else you want the tv expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Cant think of anytrhing else. I'm very deaf and really depend on my captioning.
Submitted: 28 days ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 28 days ago.

Hello

Welcome

If you see any messages particular ones for a phone call they are not from me but the site, I do not use the phone call facility myself, only this texting method which I consider the best way forwards, if however you want to use the phone call option this will go to a board for another tech to take up, if a tech considers this viable by phone he will ring you, otherwise if you do not want it please ignore it thanks.

A few requests for information coming now ….…..

First the CC is coming from the box everything for CC is processed in the box now are you saying that if you watch a pre-recorded film from the DVD and use the DVD captions for the audio is it doing the same with that?this is very important for diagnosis thanks

Anthony

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
No matter what I watch, the captioning option skips parts of the conversation. Sometimes, the person speaking is identified, but what is spoken is skipped.

Have you tried a reboot of the TV set please?unplug it from wall-power wait 5 mins re-plug back in again let me know if there is any change

Anthony

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
Anthony. Will have to wait until my son comes over. I'm not allowed to unplug and plug such appliances.

OK let me know we move on from there take care

Anthony

Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 25 days ago.

how is this working out please?

Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 22 days ago.

Please understand this format of questions and answers is a good faith one the good faith comes from yourself when you get a satisfactory answer, that good faith is passed on when you rate the answer positively with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page 3 to 5 stars thank you, ***** ***** the question does not close and remains open for 30 days thanks again.Rating me positively will allow the site to release credit to me thank you

Anthony