Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a samsung D8000 TV and it is clicking on and off and

Customer Question

HI there I have a samsung D8000 TV and it is clicking on and off and wont fully power up.
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: Samsung UE55D8000 its >5 years old
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: it wont power up, just clicks on and off
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: it occasionally switched itself off and then on start up would click a few times and power cycle and would start and then eventually it just clicked and power cycles without actually staying on
JA: Anything else you want the tv expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have already checked the main and power boards and both look fine (no capacitor issues)
Submitted: 22 days ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 22 days ago.

Hello and sorry you're having problems. The clicking is caused by the Mainboard causing a faulty turn on command to the power supply board's relay. The Mainboard will ALWAYS appear pristine whether it's working or not - so there's nothing telltale to be found by visually inspecting the board. That said, we diagnose this problem about a dozen times a day, and additionally it was also posted in the Samsung service bulletin regarding this issue (clicking indicates a faulty mainboard - not a capacitor issue on the power board).

Expert:  Aric replied 22 days ago.

In order to fix the set you need to replace the Mainboard. You can find this board by searching the part number stamped on the board itself (Googling or finding used/pulled parts suppliers and using the search function on their site(s)).

Expert:  Aric replied 22 days ago.

Also, finding one available at the link below brand new from Samsung via an eBay seller:

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/SAMSUNG-UE55D8000YUXXU-MAIN-BOARD-BN94-04313T-BRAND-NEW-DIRECT-FROM-SAMSUNG-/321659841500?hash=item4ae46babdc:g:K0YAAOSwxYxU0hji

Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site.

Expert:  Aric replied 22 days ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
I already changed the main board and it made no difference
Expert:  Aric replied 22 days ago.

That's bizarre as the Mainboard is the only thing that can cause this. I'm unsure why you didn't post that you had already changed parts in the TV. I will opt out at this point.