Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

My friend has an older Panasonic audio systen #N2QAHB000056,

Customer Question

My friend has an older Panasonic audio systen #N2QAHB000056, and someone laid her remote in the oven and she turned the oven on and melted it she is looking for another remote to go with her system
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?
Customer: It is not a tv but a stereo system and she has no trouble turning it on manaul but I am talking about getting another remote for it
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: good god you must be talking to someone else
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: the Panasonic remote is 5AAK630
Submitted: 27 days ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 27 days ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Expert:  Nathan replied 27 days ago.

Unfortunately because this is a very old system, parts are no longer readily available for them, at least not new.

There are some used options available, however even those are costly and may not be a practical investment. Here is one option: http://amzn.to/2eFX2vN

It may actually make more sense to invest in a new stereo at this point though, this one is well past its service life and would not be expected to last much longer anyway. You could start over with a whole new system with all new parts and a fresh warranty, which may be a better route in the long run. I can recommend alternate options, if you'd like.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service as this is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1QwLxGh and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
system not used that much friend is 90 years old don't think we will be investing in a new one thanks anyway not very helpful.
Customer: replied 27 days ago.
no do not call
Expert:  Nathan replied 27 days ago.

The call is an automated ad, you may ignore if not wanted.

I'm sorry I cannot give a more optimistic answer. It is an old system, discontinued long ago, so parts are difficult to find. I did provide you a source, however I cannot control the pricing of the item.

--

Please note:

I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in an effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. This site works on the honor system, and to that end, I have prioritized working with you ahead of other paying customers.

Although you’ve already paid your fee to the site, I am only compensated for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. I apologize this is not the outcome you had hoped for, though this is really beyond either of our control. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a 5 star rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately. Rating 1 or 2, or not rating at all, does not produce a refund, it only penalizes me for trying to help.