Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a painter that took my tv down to paint, when we

Customer Question

I have a painter that took my tv down to paint, when we hooked it back up, my picture is green. I think I have the red wire in the wrong place. Could that be it? I have picture, sound, just overly green picture
JA: What's the make and model of your tv? Have you had any issues with the picture before?
Customer: no problems before unfortunately I can't find my paperwork It's not new
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: menu works
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I
JA: Anything else you want the tv expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: 42 in plasma with 2 hdmi tv 40 plus I'm hook up to cable, and home theater system also
Submitted: 26 days ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 26 days ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Expert:  Shahid replied 26 days ago.

If the video source/ cable box is hooked to TV through five color coded wires (red-green-blue for video, red-white for audio) then you would need to recheck the connections and make sure video wires from cable box to TV are in correct/ correspondence color jacks, I mean red to red, green to green and blue to blue both in cable box and TV for correct signals.

If it is HDMI cable runs between cable box/ video source to TV then reboot the cable box and reconnect HDMI cable in TV and cable box that will help to resolve the problem. If problem persist then reply back with TV model number please.

Thanks.

Expert:  Shahid replied 26 days ago.

Do you need any further assistance with this question?

Thanks.