Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

I purchased a 40in Magnavox smart tv. I have wireless and

Customer Question

I purchased a 40in Magnavox smart tv. I have wireless and cable, netflix working. But when I am watching regular cable there is a box/band of different options that stream across a 1/3 of the bottom of the screen. How do I get this to stop or how do I remove it. It's almost loke advertisements for things I could purchase or sign up for. Help. Thank you.Model of tv is 40MV3336X
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your smart tv?
Customer: Magnavox 40MV3336X
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: DO YOU MEAN IF I GO TO HOME AND THE TV...SOURCE....HOME NETWORK...APPS...SETUP ICONS COME ON?
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: just hooked tv up yesterday and I watched netflix last night. After i finished the netflix movie, I went to cable. Every 10 secs or so that banner comes up. It only happens when I'm on cable
JA: Anything else you want the tv expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: not that I can think of now thanks
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 7 months ago.

Hello

Welcome

If you see any messages particular ones for a phone call they are not from me but the site, I do not use the phone call facility myself, only this texting method which I consider the best way forwards, if however you want to use the phone call option this will go to a board for another tech to take up, if a tech considers this viable by phone he will ring you, otherwise if you do not want it please ignore it thanks.

Please let me know when you are on-line thank you

Anthony