Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I bought a samsung un65hu7250 curved 65 in 4k ultra hd tv in

Customer Question

i bought a samsung un65hu7250 curved 65 in 4k ultra hd tv in 4/16/2014. i finally switched over to direct tv and got the 4k genie. the menus say my tv does not support 4k?
JA: How old is your Samsung, and have you tried unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: bought it 4/16/2014 and no i havent unplugged it for a few hours. emanuel does not say anything about that. why would i have to do that
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: yes, i am using hdmi 1, but have tried all 4 hdmi inputs
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I'll restate my opening statement, i just got direct tv w/4k, before then i have never had 4k service.
JA: Anything else you want the tv expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 6 months ago.

Hello

Welcome

If you see any messages particular ones for a phone call they are not from me but the site, I do not use the phone call facility myself, only this texting method which I consider the best way forwards, if however you want to use the phone call option this will go to a board for another tech to take up, if a tech considers this viable by phone he will ring you, otherwise if you do not want it please ignore it thanks.

A few requests for information coming now ….…..

The genie how is that connected please.... HDMI?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I guess from the DirecTV DVR. The cable comes out of the wall connects to the genie the HDMI cable goes to the TV

There is clearly a handshake problem have you picked this genie up yourself and installed it?

Is the HDMI lead a very recent one?it has to be a recent one

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No, The DirecTV guy installed it
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
the hdmi lead, is one of those heavy duty ones and i got it when i bought the TV 04/6/2014

Wow OK I am sorry but I will opt out here please do not do anything another tech will pick this up, i am not familar with the box