Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Periodic loss of sound from my Sony TV. Volume Bar appers at

Customer Question

periodic loss of sound from my Sony TV. Volume Bar appers at bottom of screen, enabling volume increase, but then the volume reduces to zero by itself. Sometimes this changes when the TV is rotated slightly. Pesriodically it "heals" itself and works for a half hour or so, then the same thilng happens again. Have checked for loose connections. Called the cable company, who replaced the cable box and remote. Is this something internal in the TV? If so, can it be repaired or should I replace the TV right now?
JA: What is the exact make and model of your tv? And how long has this been an issue?
Customer: Sony KDLV32XBR1. Purchased in 2006. This has been an issue since yesterday evening and continues today. Right this minute, it's working fine.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: The cable company technician said the cable box doesn't control the volume, but the TV does. He replaced the cable box and remote and said that was the best he could do, and I should check with Sony. I checked for loose connections, but found none.
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No.
Submitted: 27 days ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 27 days ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Expert:  Shahid replied 27 days ago.

- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?
These info will help to troubleshoot the problem.
Thank you.