Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I don't know how to scan my vizio, M190MV ABOUT 4 YEARS OLD,

Customer Question

I don't know how to scan my vizio
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Vizio is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: M190MV ABOUT 4 YEARS OLD
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: TV SETTINGS MENU OK THIS PROBLEM ONLY ON CHANMEL 4 OVER THE AIR ALL OTHER CHANNELS OK
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: 3 DAYS GTHE STATION WENT OFF THE AIR. I CALLED TODAY AND THEY SAID I HAVE TO RESCAN BUT I DONT KNOW TO DO THAT ND THE MANUEL IS MISSING
JA: Anything else you want the tv expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: NO
Submitted: 25 days ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 25 days ago.

Hello, and sorry you're having problems.

Here is the link to the Owner's manual:

http://cdn.vizio.com/manuals/kb/legacy/m190mv.pdf

First, what you will need to do is "Reset all Settings" in the TV (outlined on page 38 of the manual):

Reset All Settings Return all Picture and Audio settings to factory default. A screen will come up to confirm your selection or to cancel it. Press Left or Right Navigation buttons to make the selection, and then press OK to accept it.

Once that is done, you will setup the TV as if it were new.

Refer to page 30 of the manual, and make sure the TV is set to the "TV Input". Then you will select "Antenna" for the TV broadcast type, and scroll to "Auto Channel Scan" and select that (Press OK).

This scans and stores all available channels, and WHATEVER channels the TV picks up you will then be able to view using the Ch Up and Down buttons.

Expert:  Aric replied 25 days ago.

NOTE: If my posts are disappearing as I post new ones, please keep in mind they are all still here- you simply need to scroll up the page to see all replies.

Let me know if you need more help. Also, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (3-5 stars at the top of the page) and click SUBMIT so that I am credited for working with you today?

Expert:  Aric replied 25 days ago.

Please read my reply for the answer to the question you posted. Thank you.

Expert:  Aric replied 23 days ago.

Hello, I was just following up to see if you needed further help. The site shows that since the question is open that you are still looking for help. Or, if you received the information you were looking for-could you please kindly rate my service POSITIVELY (by clicking a 3-5 star rating at the top of the page) to reflect that? Thanks in advance.