Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

Volume goes upbyitself, 32MF369B/F7, Yes, It happened all,

Customer Question

Volume goes upbyitself
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: 32MF369B/F7
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Yes
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It happened all
JA: Anything else you want the tv expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: it happen without warning
Submitted: 25 days ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 25 days ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Expert:  Nathan replied 25 days ago.

If you press the mute button, does it unmute itself?

Can you try removing the batteries from the remote, and let me know if the problem continues?

Expert:  Nathan replied 19 days ago.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
What do you need to know
Expert:  Nathan replied 19 days ago.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I don't have remote now. But before contacting u I was able to adjust volume in menu but afterward that no longer worked
Expert:  Nathan replied 19 days ago.

Okay if this is happening even with no remote present, that is a deeper hardware problem, meaning a faulty main/control board inside the tv. This issue could be a manufacturing defect, but is also often caused by a power event (shock/surge, prolonged over/under voltage condition, etc).

This could also be the result of age related wear and tear; as a 2010 model tv, that type of failure wouldn’t be surprising. This tv is significantly (more than double) its service life, for this brand.

There is one step you can take here, both as a possible fix, as well as a diagnostic evaluation:
1) Unplug the power cord from the outlet

2) Wait at least 1 hour (60+ Minutes)

3) Press and hold the power button (on the set, not the remote) for 60 seconds
4) Keep holding power button while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after. When plugging back in, go directly to the wall outlet, bypassing any power strips or surge protectors.

If this reset process does not work, it would unfortunately confirm an internal hardware failure.

This is something that would require repairs to correct; if you're thinking about a do it yourself repair, you'll need to be comfortable and skilled with electronics repairs, which could include dismantling the set (removing the back panel of the tv), diagnostics testing with a multimeter, changing out boards as needed, and possibly desoldering/removing and soldering/replacing individual components.

If you’re considering repair at a local shop, you’ll find a typical repair to be around $300 for diagnostics, parts, and labor.

For a tv of this size/age however, replacement will make more sense. You can get a brand new LED tv with a fresh warranty, from a better quality brand, for under $200.

Depending how you’d like to proceed here, I can help with finding parts, finding a repair shop, or recommending replacement options. Just let me know.

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,