Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

My Vizio E550i-b2. It would come on and work for awhile,

Customer Question

My Vizio E550i-b2. It would come on and work for awhile, then just shut off and you'd have to wait awhile turn it on again and same thing finally would not come on at all so I replaced all the boards and now it comes on for about 20 seconds or so, only once and would not come on again. After a few hours it would come on for 20 seconds or so, only once and then Id have to wait again over night. Never got to the point where I could see a picture would turn of to fast. so seems like I have the same problem before I replaced all the boards!
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Vizio is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It was purchased in 2014
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: I haven't tried menu, it goes off about the time I try to input source to Sat.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: 2 or three months at first it would stay on for a few hours and then before I installed new boards it wouldnt come on at all.. Now just comes on once and shuts off and won't come on till next day. I have to go in pack wifes car i will return in a few minutes
JA: Anything else you want the tv expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I guess not
Category: TV
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I put the shopjimmy boards in
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 7 months ago.

Hello

Welcome

If you see any messages particular ones for a phone call they are not from me but the site, I do not use the phone call facility myself, only this texting method which I consider the best way forwards, if however you want to use the phone call option this will go to a board for another tech to take up, if a tech considers this viable by phone he will ring you, otherwise if you do not want it please ignore it thanks.

A few requests for information coming now ….…..

Can you tell me exactly the boards you replaced and the partnumbers of those boards found on the boards themselves?

Anthony

Do you have\can you get me this info please?

If you are working on this please let me know, consistent dialogue helps me to keep you in mind thanks, ***** ***** me to know that you are still in the frame on this thanks again