Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

An, i bought a 32LH5000b on 10 /29 and hooked it up

Customer Question

an
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: i bought a 32LH5000b on 10 /29 and hooked it up yesterday. it worked fine until about 2 am. As i was scroll through the channels the picture went out and the remote no longer turned the tv on or off. As a matter of fact the on /off switch no longer turned it off either. when i got up and plugged it back in it seemed to turn on alright but the same thing no picture sound or none of the controls worked? any suggestions?
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: nothing at all works
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: everything seemed fine . i began channel surfing them nothing. i thought i was on a channel that had no signal
JA: Anything else you want the tv expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: nope . we have anoyher lg tv for several years with no problems
Category: TV
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
i can't talk on the phone i have no vocal cords. lg model 32lh5000b
Expert:  Jack replied 5 months ago.

Hi , I`m Jack and I will be helping you today
Please note that I am an independent tech. that depends on your positive rating to get paid by this website and I have no control over the phone (or other) offers , they are sent by the website ,not by me but let me know if you`d rather do this on the phone.
That being said , a few questions coming up and by the way , pearl that greeted you is a computer so never mind the odd questions and suggestions
Please let me know when you are ready to proceed .

Expert:  Jack replied 5 months ago.

We posted at the same time , phone is out

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
correct
Expert:  Jack replied 5 months ago.

What is the tv doing now if anything ?
Is there a light or blinking light at the front , clicking sound from inside when you plug in the power cord or try to turn it on ?
Or completely dead no activity whatsoever ?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
its like the tv is locked up . when i unplug it and plug it back the lg loigo comes on for a few seconds then it goes to channel 5-1 and nothing works then
Expert:  Jack replied 5 months ago.

O.k but the screen is lit , is that what you`re saying ?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
correctdim light emitting green on button on bottom nothing else works
Expert:  Jack replied 5 months ago.

From what you described here i give this a 99% chance your main board is the culprit

Two versions of that board and i would need the letters after the model number to know which one

This will look something like ; 32LH5000-ZB BEKVLJG

I can also tell you that this board costs around $60 to buy and unless you do this yourself then a repair shop would not be a viable idea as it may cost approx. the same as buying a new one

Expert:  Jack replied 5 months ago.

If that answers your question please do not forget to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top of your page, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time (no additional charges) if you have questions or need further help or decide to go for a DIY type of repair

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
listen . this tv has only been on for a couple of hrs and i bought it 10/29. before i pay $60 to repair it i'll return it.
Expert:  Jack replied 5 months ago.

I see , then even better yes

Have it refunded or exchanged , not a repair , sorry had missed that date in your opening post

Expert:  Jack replied 5 months ago.

Definitely a problem with this tv and within a month your are entitled to an exchange or refund from the store , do not start a repair ticket

Expert:  Jack replied 5 months ago.

Any questions on this ?
Remember that you can come back here at any time after rating (no additional charges) if you have other questions related to that