Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

My Vizio TV has no sound. What used to happen is that the

Customer Question

My Vizio TV has no sound. What used to happen is that the sound would go out and if I turned the TV off and then turned it on again, the sound would work, but now there is no sound at anytime.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Vizio is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 2011
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Problems on all inputs.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: just as I said. It would go out while watching the TV, I'd turn it off and back on and have sound. The last time I had sound, I was watching it, the sound went out and never came back.
JA: Anything else you want the tv expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I tried disconnecting the TV and leaving it off for a while and that didn't do any good.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 month ago.

I see you were chatting with the site assistant. I am Mike, the field technician assigned to help you. If you see a pop up for phone call service, it was not sent by me and I am not available by phone. To get started, I need to know you can see this message and are able to reply to me here.

-Are you using the speakers built into the tv or external speakers like a sound bar?

-Please list everything that is connected to the tv? like cable box, bluray player, dvd player, game systme, vcr, etc.

___________________________________________________________________

** My replies can take up to 5 minutes to appear **

** Do NOT start a new question **

Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 month ago.

Are you having website difficulties that are preventing you from replying?