Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I just purchased a Funai DVD/VHS recorder with the intension

Customer Question

I just purchased a Funai DVD/VHS recorder with the intension of converting old tapes to DVDs. I was using my LED TV as the monitor for this. I set up the tape and DVD and all was going fine. I walked back into the room and the TV is not working. It comes on, shows the sign "Samsung" then turns off. A few times I actually got a channel. I have unplugged the Funai, let all rest, but still no change when I fire up the units. Any ideas? Thanks, Jim
JA: Has your Samsung done this before? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: The Samsung is one year old.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: It just started today. I have unplugged it and all cables. I could not find a reset button.
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I had hooked up the Funai to the TV using a HDMI cable.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

Hello, The Samsung being stuck with Samsung on the screen has no relation to the Funai player and is a fault with the TV itself. That said what is the model number off of the back of the Samsung TV please?

Also how old is the TV?

Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

I see that you posted the Samsung is one year old, but are you talking just OVER a year, or just UNDER, or exactly a year to the date?

Additionally I still really do need the model number off the back of the Samsung to help.

Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

I was just wondering if you needed assistance with the question you posted. Let me know as I am here now, but will be logging off soon if I don't hear back.