Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

I am trying to connect my pc to the TV. I have a HDMI cable

Customer Question

Hi. I am trying to connect my pc to the TV. I have a HDMI cable running from TV and am using an HDMI-USB adapter to my computer. I have installed the driver to the computer. When I go to the HDMI3 port on TV, it says "invalid format" What is wrong?
JA: What's the exact make and model of your television? And what have you tried as far as getting this connected goes?
Customer: it is 43UH6100
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: I have also connected the HDMI cable to my laptop using a different adapter (Mac Lighteningbolt) and it works with that, but not with the PC
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I just bought the HDMI cord and the J5Connect adapter yesterday and have not been able to get it to work
JA: Anything else you want the tv expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Do I need an adapter that is for 4K tvs even though the adapter is for the computer?
Submitted: 29 days ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 29 days ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Expert:  Nathan replied 29 days ago.

The issue is more of a setting on the computer. You need to go into the laptop resolution settings, make sure the 2nd monitor (usb adapter) output is enabled, and set the resolution for that monitor (tv) to 1920x1080, or 1024x768.

Let me know if those work,

Thanks,

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
I am using the PC. How do I make sure the 2nd monitor (USB adapter) output is enabled?
Expert:  Nathan replied 29 days ago.

If it is a windows pc, use the windows key + P key, which toggles through output options (enable 2nd monitor)