Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

In morning press on button it clicks on and off 7or 8 times

Customer Question

in morning press on button it clicks on and off 7or 8 times before set goes on
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: 52 inch flat screen about 8 yearws
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: once it comes on everything works
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: it started about a month ago and at first it was 2or 3 times before it went on now its 7-8 and thats only in morning
JA: Anything else you want the tv expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: thats it
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Hello, Sorry you're having problems. We have no way of knowing what TV you have, can you please post back with the model number off of the back of the TV, or at least tell me what "Brand"?

Is this a Samsung set?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

I'm unsure why you're unable to reply, but that clicking sound indicates a common issue with both Samsung and LG sets and is caused by a failure occurring with the set's Mainboard. There are no pushbutton fixes doe this and the issue will become worse and worse until the TV eventually will not power up. This requires the Mainboard be replaced to fix the issue, which is on average a $250-$300 repair on a 52" set.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

If you would like to have this repaired at a shop you can use the link below to locate a shop in your area:

http://www.tvrepairpros.com

Alternatively, if this is something you're looking to repair yourself, I will need the FULL MODEL NUMBER off of the sticker on the back of the TV and I can then look up the part for you (the mainboard itself usually runs for around $100).

Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news here and wish there were a quick fix.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Let me know if you need more help. Also, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (3-5 stars at the top of the page) and click SUBMIT so that I am credited for working with you today?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Hello, I was just following up to see if you needed further help. The site shows that since the question is open that you are still looking for help. Or, if you received the information you were looking for-could you please kindly rate my service POSITIVELY (by clicking a 3-5 star rating at the top of the page) to reflect that? Thanks in advance.