Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

No voice on Fox news channel but commercial on that channel

Customer Question

No voice on Fox news channel but commercial on that channel has sound
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: D39hn-EO New
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Everything works on all other channels
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I just installed the TV
JA: Anything else you want the tv expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 28 days ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 28 days ago.

Hello, Are you using a Cable Box on the TV by chance? If so, the audio is all processed within the cable box before being played back on the TV. In this case you would want to reboot the cable box by performing the following steps:

1)Shut the TV off.

2) Pull the cable box power cord from the wall (unplug it).

3) Wait 10 seconds and plug it back in.

4) Give the box 2 minutes to reboot and then turn the TV on.

Check the offending station(s) and let me know if you're having the same problem.

Expert:  Aric replied 28 days ago.

If that does not work, then I will need you to reply back with:

1) Whom your cable provider is.

2) The make and model off of the front of the cable box (for example: Explorer 4340HD, etc.).

Expert:  Aric replied 28 days ago.

Let me know if you need more help. Also, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (3-5 stars at the top of the page) and click SUBMIT so that I am credited for working with you today?

Expert:  Aric replied 28 days ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
Didn't correct the problen Armstrong is the provider an teh box is Pace model DC50Xu
Expert:  Aric replied 28 days ago.

Thanks. Since all of the channels, programming, audio and video is processed WITHIN the cable box- and then the TV simply plays back what the box sends it (the TV itself has no way of knowing if there is a program, or commercial playing), you will need to call your cable provider and have them 1) Refresh the signal, and if that does not fix the problem then...2) Have them swap out the box.

The issue is not your TV since all of the commercials, and programming are processed within the cable box.

Expert:  Aric replied 28 days ago.

Expert:  Aric replied 28 days ago.

Expert:  Aric replied 24 days ago.

Hello, I was just following up to see if you needed further help. The site shows that since the question is open that you are still looking for help. Or, if you received the information you were looking for-could you please kindly rate my service POSITIVELY (by clicking a 3-5 star rating at the top of the page) to reflect that? Thanks in advance.