Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Aric, I tried 2 other DG boards and does the same thing,

Customer Question

Aric, I tried 2 other DG boards and does the same thing, switches from setup to TV in a loop. Any other boards I should try. I also tried what you suggested by removing the HDMI cable and it just displayed the HDMI Cable 1 screen, no TV so it stopped looping
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Panasonic TH-42PX60U built in September 2006
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: TV menu will work, I can get in and run through setup on a clean screen
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Started as it would lose picture and just have programing sound, then would come back and work the next day and then finally went out all together. That's when I replaced the first DG board and worked fine for a week, then pop and nothing again, replaced the power board and now have this
JA: Anything else you want the tv expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

Hello, Please try a test by changing out the HDMI cable with a new cable and let me know what happens.

Also if the set still cycles with a new cable then try a different source (if you're using a cable box, then try Blu Ray player, etc.) and let me know what happens.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
When I plug in a FireStick from Amazon into HDMI1 all works fine. No looping from setup to picture. Any suggestions?
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

Well then what were you plugging into it before when you had the issue??

Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

This indicates the issue was caused by a faulty HDMI cable, or whatever the source was that you were using before, if the Firestick is working fine then your TV is not the problem.

Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?

Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

Hello, I was just following up to see if you needed further help. The site shows that since the question is open that you are still looking for help. Or, if you received the information you were looking for-could you please kindly rate my service POSITIVELY (by clicking a 3-5 star rating at the top of the page) to reflect that? Thanks in advance.