Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

Samsung uhh tv keeps going black to Smart TV little

Customer Question

Samsung uhh tv keeps going black to Smart TV little microphone icon comes on when the tv comes back on in the lower left hand cornor of the tv
JA: How old is your Samsung, and have you tried unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: 1 year old. Yes we have tuned off and unplugged all components.
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: No just the Samsung tv in the living room
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Yes, the directtv menu works
JA: Anything else you want the tv expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: 3 days. Very windy night on Wednesday night
Submitted: 29 days ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 29 days ago.

Hello

Welcome

If you see any messages particular ones for a phone call they are not from me but the site, I do not use the phone call facility myself, only this texting method which I consider the best way forwards, if however you want to use the phone call option this will go to a board for another tech to take up, if a tech considers this viable by phone he will ring you, otherwise if you do not want it please ignore it thanks.

A few requests for information coming now ….…..

Please re-boot any satellite or cable box you may be using by unplugging the box from wall-power wait 5 mins then re-plug back in again, it will be a good idea to do the same with the TV at the same time.

We find software glitches within the box can cause this

Let me know how this works out, if it works out good would you please rate the answer positively by using the rating bar of stars usually at the top of the page with this post

Any issues let me know please

Thanks again

Anthony

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
Already did this and it did not fix the problem. What next?

Is the set connected to the internet?if so does it have the latest version of firmware installed?

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
No idea what you're talking about. Yes it's connected to the internet.

The firmware controls the set and is regularly upgraded usually automatically if its connected to the internet you should though make sure in the settings that the auto update feature is enabled, that will be in the emanual or you may just find it in the settings

The problem appears to be a firmware drop out however you should try another input like a DVD player if it works OK with that then you have a problem with the box (satellite\cable) or the lead from the box to the TV

Let me know if you run into issues

Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 27 days ago.

How is this working out please

Anthony