Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Since Thursday my Sony XBR46HX929 TV picture has been split

Customer Question

Since Thursday my Sony XBR46HX929 TV picture has been split in two. The lower half is slightly darker than the upper half. There are some very thin, dark horizontal lines above the lower half. I spoke with a Sony technician at(###) ###-####about this. We did a factory reset but that did not resolve the problem. I have a cable modem box that uses coaxial cables.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 month ago.

Hello

Welcome

If you see any messages particular ones for a phone call they are not from me but the site, I do not use the phone call facility myself, only this texting method which I consider the best way forwards, if however you want to use the phone call option this will go to a board for another tech to take up, if a tech considers this viable by phone he will ring you, otherwise if you do not want it please ignore it thanks.

A few requests for information coming now ….…..

If you press the menu button of the sets own remote control is the menu in half too?the menu is affected OR is the menu perfectly normal please?

Anthony