Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I am getting a search message on my audio bar. It is no

Customer Question

I am getting a search message on my audio bar. It is no longer connecting with the sound from the tv. Both are Samsung.
JA: Has your Samsung done this before? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: No, everything was working fine until today. It is approximately 3 years old.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: It just started today. I have tried checking all of the connections and cycled through the menu of the audio bar.
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

Hello, What is the model number of the Samsung soundbar (located on the back or bottom of the bar)?

Also, please follow the steps below:
1) Shut the TV off, and then disconnect the cable/SAT box AND the TV from power (unplug their power cords).
2) If using an HDMI cable, disconnect and reconnect the HDMI cable on both ends when the cable box is unplugged from power (make sure it's secure on both ends).
3) Press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote) for 10 full seconds while the set is unplugged, then release the power button.
4) Plug the cable box AND the TV back into power, then turn the TV on and attempt to watch a program.

This should restore the sound. However if it does not, then please try another source- such as a DVD player on the TV and see if that has sound. This tells us whether or not the TV, or the cable/SAT box itself is causing the problem.

Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

Please review my reply for an answer to your question.