Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

Power light flashing and coucking, Un55b8500xf, Wot power

Customer Question

Power light flashing and coucking
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: Un55b8500xf
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Wot power on. Clicks
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Worked fine - then. Evans intermittent- now constant
JA: Anything else you want the tv expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 28 days ago.
Category: TV
Customer: replied 28 days ago.
The Blue light on the front is flashing on and off as I hear the clicking
Customer: replied 28 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Shahid replied 28 days ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Expert:  Shahid replied 28 days ago.

- Any idea how old is the TV and how long it have had the problem?

- Have you tried to unplug TV power cord for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and check?

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
The TV is about eight years old. Tried unplugging and replug it in the problem continue to get worse over time used to be just occasionally doing this
Expert:  Shahid replied 28 days ago.

OK, and you hear clicking sound from TV while power light blinks, correct?

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
Correct
Expert:  Shahid replied 28 days ago.

Thanks for the info, mostly this kind of problem occurs due to main board internal failure and some times power supply board also found bad, however, most of the time main board is defective and replacement of main board will help to resolve the problem. Main board is one where all video input jacks are located, click following link to view main board image..

http://www.shopjimmy.com/samsung-bn94-02768b-main-board-for-un55b8500xfxza.htm

Please get the part number off of label pasted on main board and part number would be link BN94-02768B or some thing similar to search/ google it to get price info if you have plan to do it yourself. If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote...
http://www.tvrepairpros.com/
I hope these info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page.
Thank you.