Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I bought a new Apple TV device but haven't tried to use it.

Customer Question

I bought a new Apple TV device but haven't tried to use it. Now that I want to use it with my Samsung TV, I can't figure out how to use it. Just basic q's--what button do I push on my remote to access the Apple TV?
JA: What's the make and model of your television? And is the remote the same, universal, or for another device?
Customer: 2014 Samsun F7100 universal remote that we connected: COX Communications Contour
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: the TV menu works fine. I have not ever tried to use the Apple TV so I just don't know what button to push!
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Just tonight. I just moved into this house and had a techie set everything up for me. I think I just need a primer on what button to push!
JA: Anything else you want the tv expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: i don't hink so
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Hello, You will plug the Apple TV box into one of the Samsung's HDMI Inputs (1 or 2 respectively). Then using the SAMSUNG remote's "Source" button, select the HDMI Input you're plugged into.

From there, you will exclusively use the APPLE TV remote to control the Apple TV box.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Let me know if you get stuck or need further help.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Let me know if you need more help. Also, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (3-5 stars at the top of the page) and click SUBMIT so that I am credited for working with you today?