Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

What I need is just an electrician's general advice. The

Customer Question

What I need is just an electrician's general advice. The power went off in our living room... blew a switch. Nothing abnormal was on. The TV and all other electrical items were not working. We threw the switch back on, turned on the TV and it blew again in seconds. What could cause this and how do we find out where the problem is?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
OK
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

not quite sure if you're asking for electrical help or help with the tv.

But, if you unplug the tv and leave it unplugged, does the switch or other devices work properly at that point?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Never mind.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Okay, if you need more help anytime feel free to get back in touch.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
We discovered the problem was a frayed extension cord that was causing the circuit to blow. Thanks anyway. Can't really rate you because you didn't have sufficient information and wouldn't have known this cause anyway. Sorry.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for the update, Beverly

I'm glad to hear it is working for you again.

If you want to do a rating to credit me for my efforts in trying to help, I can send that along, or I can close out the question, at your preference.

Thanks,