Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a Pioneer Elite (60") and am receiving an S05 error

Customer Question

I have a Pioneer Elite (60") and am receiving an S05 error message "internal power circuits shut down possible speaker cable damage" I use only a sonos playbar connected to the tv through an optical audio cable, no wired speakers. All imputs directv, Roku and apple tv are connected to the tv by hdmi. The error only occurs when I play a film or video on Roku or Apple tv and is usually associated with a peak of sound volume
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

Hello, Sorry you're having problems. The S05 (speaker part number) message showing up indicates that the Mainboard in the set (which is what directly drives the speakers) has shorted output IC's that drive the speakers, or the speakers themselves are shorted. So even though you're using the Sonos bar, are the speakers physically connected to the set's speaker terminals, or are they physically disconnected?

Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

Please review my reply and postback to proceed.