Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Series 735 WD-65735 10 + years old, I have just upgraded my

Customer Question

JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: Series 735 WD-65735 10 + years old
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: I have just upgraded my DVD player AND Direct TV services to the 4 K standard. I hope to learn how to set the selections for reasonable compatability.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Is there an updater set up proceedure?? Just obtained the new components last week. Mainly hope to obtain some indication, and hopefully directions for proper set-up
JA: Anything else you want the tv expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not really------ I spent the afternoon testing the new components up at Best Buy. Now that Im comvinced that I have to address the TV monitor itself, I am just getting started in the process. THis is why I hope some written material might be available. Many tnx
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Hello, Your TV was designed and produced LONG before the 4K standard was developed or even conceived, so you will never be able to utilize the 4K components to their potential using this older DLP TV. A brand new 4K Ultra HD TV would be needed if you wanted to experience the 4K quality. That being said, I would consider returning the 4K devices you have now for standard HD as that is all the TV is capable of producing (standard HD 1080P resolution).

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

4K was only conceived and introduced a few short years ago and this set is 10 years old. Additionally there is no software or anything else that could allow the set's Mainboard to scale or produce signals in 2160P HD quality, it's simply well beyond the limitations of the TV.

Other than that a new 4K ultra-HD set would be needed to experience the quality of those components. Sorry for the bad news here and I wish there were a quick fix.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 28 days ago.

Hello, I was just following up to see if you needed further help. The site shows that since the question is open that you are still looking for help. Or, if you received the information you were looking for-could you please kindly rate my service POSITIVELY (by clicking a 3-5 star rating at the top of the page) to reflect that? Thanks in advance.