Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Samsung model PN51F4500AFXZA has flutter on screen. Samsung

Customer Question

Samsung model PN51F4500AFXZA has flutter on screen.
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: Samsung PF 51 F4500AFXZA purchased in February 2014.
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: The TV was unplugged for the last 3 hours. When I plugged it in just now, everything is fine. WTF?
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I turned the TV on about 5 hours ago. Nothing out of the ordinary happened at that time. Then about three hours ago I unplugged it. Now it's plugged in and working fine.
JA: Anything else you want the tv expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nothing I can think of.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

Hello, and sorry you're having problems. You were talking to a computer before, I am the technician that is actually helping you.

Now that said, this "flutter" - can you elaborate a bit more? Is the screen "flickering" from black to programming and back again?

If so, that can be caused by an intermittent failure occurring within the TV itself (the backlight circuit), or it can be caused by an intermittent HDMI cable, or even the cable box itself. So that's why we NEED to know WHAT exactly is connected to the TV please?

Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

Please view my reply and postback to proceed.

Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.