Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I had a guest in my house that fooled with my Samsung

Customer Question

I had a guest in my house that fooled with my Samsung television and put on captions, which I was able to remove, but I have no sound. Can you troubleshoot with me. I am a 68 year old woman with little technical experience, so dumb it down for me.
Thanks,
Deni
Category: TV
Expert:  Dan replied 6 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. I look forward to assisting you today. Can I have the model number of your TV please?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Is there a way I can get it onscreen. I don't have the paperwork anymore and it is mounted on the wall.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Dan, I went into menu on the Samsung control and found the self diagnose area and went to sound, and sound came out of the television, but still not from a channel. So there is sound on the tv. I then checked each controller again, Blue Ray device and satellite and Samsung and none are on mute. Any suggestions? I did pay my $28.00 on PayPal. Would you like a copy?
Expert:  Dan replied 6 months ago.

No that's fine. I don't need a copy of the receipt from PayPal. Look closely on the front of the TV. It may have the model located there?

Expert:  Dan replied 6 months ago.

Try this. Set the speaker select option to TV speaker in the sound menu. Let me know please.