Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Thank You! I have a 60: Sony TV. It comes on but won't stay

Customer Question

Thank You! I have a 60: Sony TV. It comes on but won't stay on more than 20-30 seconds and then the screen goes blank and the sound cuts off. Can you help?
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: SONY 60' Model #KDFE60AF20
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: It just started! I guess it's about 6-7 yrs old>
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Can some one come to repair and how much?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 1 month ago.

I`m Jack and I will be helping you today
Please note that I am an independent tech. that depends on your positive rating to get paid by this website and I have no control over the phone (or other) offers , they are sent by the website ,not by me but let me know if you`d rather do this on the phone.
That being said , a few questions coming up and by the way , pearl that greeted you is a computer so never mind the odd questions and suggestions

We are tv repairmens but online only .

I can give you an idea of what is not working , the cost you may be looking at and then find repair shops near you

Expert:  Jack replied 1 month ago.

Are there any lights on or blinking at the front ?

Expert:  Jack replied 1 month ago.

Sorry but there was a payment failure on that phone request and although I`m not privy to billing here this usually means your CC company did not recognize the charges and declined them , you would have to contact them to OK the transaction .
But we can continue in this chat mode as well

Expert:  Jack replied 1 month ago.

When was the last time you replaced the lamp in this tv ?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you that would appreciated!
No blinking lights, it goes out completely>
Please attempt to receive charge again! i got a fraud alert!
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
then call me. Why are there 3 charges pending??
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Expert:  Jack replied 1 month ago.

Have no idea about those charges , not privy to any of the money matters or subscription or trials etc. etc. not an employee here but an independent tech. that gets paid by this website once you rate me for my help .

Please use this link or phone number for these questions;
http://ww2.justanswer.com/help 1.***-***-****

Expert:  Jack replied 1 month ago.

There are 3 indicator lights at the front , you are saying that none of them come on ?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The charge is showing on my card as $19.00 and $5.00 totalling $24.00. Can I get some assistance please either online or at ***-****-*****. Thank you!
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today.
Sorry to hear that you’re having trouble with this but I’ll do my best to help you out.

I've sent an optional phone support offer at your request. If you prefer we can continue here in the chat format as well. Just let me know either way.

Expert:  Nathan replied 28 days ago.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
YOU NEED TO CANCEL THIS! They tried to bill $24.00, 3 three times and now billing 34.00 more dollars? I don't wish to continue. Cancel and refund!
********* **********