Have TV Questions? Ask a TV Technician
Hello, You need the remote to get the set out of Demo Mode and back into Home Mode- there's no way around that. You also need the remote to setup the TV's language, internet connections and the apps. Right now with the set is Demo Mode, the only way to fix this is to "Reset the Factory Settings" in the MENU, which also requires the remote. You will first need to purchase the OEM remote for this set at the link below (less than $10 with shipping):
To restore the TV to its factory default settings:
1. Press the MENU button. The on-screen menu is displayed.
2. Use the Arrow buttons on the remote to highlight System and press OK. The SYSTEM menu is displayed.
3. Highlight Reset & Admin and press OK. The RESET & ADMIN menu is displayed.
4. Highlight Reset TV to Factory Defaults and press OK.
5. Enter your parental control passcode. If you have not yet set up a parental passcode, enter the default, 0000. The TV displays, "Select Reset to restore all TV settings to factory defaults."
6. Highlight Reset and press OK.
7. Wait for the TV to turn off. The TV will turn back on shortly afterward and the Setup App will begin
All of these settings require the OEM Vizio remote to access them and fix the issue, unfortunately there isn't a way around that.
If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.