Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

Thank you! I have a Vizio Smart Tv xvt553sv. It will turn

Customer Question

Thank you! I have a Vizio Smart Tv xvt553sv. It will turn on, the logo shows, then I get No Signal sign. The menu will not come on so I cant get to any apps.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Vizio is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 2011
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Cant get to menu. and the power button will not power off the tv either
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Model is XVT553SV
JA: Anything else you want the tv expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Hm. I dont think so
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 7 months ago.

Hi , I`m Jack and I will be helping you today
Please note that I am an independent tech. that depends on your positive rating to get paid by this website and I have no control over the phone (or other) offers , they are sent by the website ,not by me but let me know if you`d rather do this on the phone.
That being said , a few questions coming up and by the way , pearl that greeted you is a computer so never mind the odd questions and suggestions

How do you turn on the tv , with the remote ?

or turn it off ?

What is connected to this tv ?
Cable box,satellite,dvd,games etc. ?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Nothing is connected. Hm one moment please
Expert:  Jack replied 7 months ago.

O.k then hence the NO SIGNAL message

Expert:  Jack replied 7 months ago.

Doeesn`t it turn off by itself after a while ?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I just plugged it back in. the vizio light is flashing just after i plugged it in
Its been unplugged for a time. Ok it has to be manually turned on, button on tv and then unplugged to turn off
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Its a Smart Tv. I shouldnt have to have anything plugged into it, right?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
when pushing power button, the menu does not come on.
Expert:  Jack replied 7 months ago.

The button on the tv does not turn it off or are you trying with the remote ?

That button on the tv has to be held down a few secs to turn it off by the way .

From what you are telling me your remote or remote sensor in the tv is defective .

Do you happen to have a cell phone camera , a tablet a digital camera etc. , any camera that has a display or screen to test the remote ?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
tv does shut off holding the button in. I do have a smart phone. How do you test the remote w my phone?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hows come the app bar does not show up
Expert:  Jack replied 7 months ago.

O.k then here is how to test your remote;
Turn on the camera and point the front of the remote at the camera lens ,then while looking at the remote through the screen press buttons on the remote.
If the remote is working, you should see light coming out the front of it while looking at it through the camera screen.
If you see nothing coming out and are not sure if you did the test correctly then try it with a known working remote.

Lete me know how that goes and i`ll find a remote for you if it is defective or remote sensor as well

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok remote is not working
Expert:  Jack replied 7 months ago.

then this is easier than a defective sensor , give me a minute please

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
But what has that to do with the apps
Expert:  Jack replied 7 months ago.

You can get one here for $24 ; http://remotebarn.us/catalogsearch/result/?q=+xvt553sv

Don't you need the remote to open the apps ??

That VIA button ?

Expert:  Jack replied 7 months ago.

If that answers your question please do not forget to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top of your page, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time (no additional charges) if you have questions or need further help.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok I will try that.
Expert:  Jack replied 7 months ago.

That will do it if your remote is not working

please do take the time to rate with the stars at the top of your page (and SUBMIT) so i can get compensated for my time helping you.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
NP