Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I clicked on the switch on the back f my hitachi hitense

Customer Question

I clicked on the switch on the back f my hitachi hitense projection tv and nw the picture will turn on but the sound is on and i do not have the remote for this tv
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Hitachi is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: the tv is about 12 yrs old do not knw the mde will check
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: 57f710A
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: had comcast installed and lost color on tv so I tried to ceck to see if i can adjust the tv from the back as this tv belongs to my sister and I was nt aware that it can only be adjusted by the remote which she lost
JA: Anything else you want the tv expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no..just that i have no picture and no color
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Hello, Sorry you're having problems. If you lost color- that would not be something that could be corrected via any remote settings or otherwise. Losing color suddenly is indicative of a hardware related fault in the TV. Also the set showing no picture at all now, is not something that can be corrected via the remote. There is no option to have only sound - no picture on the TV, that would also point to a hardware fault. We often see these sets develop weak capacitors, or lose voltage in other parts of the circuit once they get on in years. This requires service in most cases which is on average a $300-$450 repair on this set.

However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up.

The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up normally. Try this procedure up to 2 times, and please let me know what happens.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Please view my reply to proceed.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Hello, I was just following up to see if you needed further help. The site shows that since the question is open that you are still looking for help. Or, if you received the information you were looking for-could you please kindly rate my service POSITIVELY (by clicking a 3-5 star rating at the top of the page) to reflect that? Thanks in advance.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
did not help..I had comcast installaton and the tv was working when he left minus the color and I press the switch with the red light on..I think it is the monitor switch and now the picture will not go on..it has been on all along since I had the tv