Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Close caption on tv, LN83251D-1, yes, 2days, cable went out

Customer Question

close caption on tv
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: LN83251D-1
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: yes
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: 2days
JA: Anything else you want the tv expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: cable went out before this occured
Submitted: 28 days ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 28 days ago.

Hello, This generally occurs due to a glitch in the Cable Box (assuming you're using a Cable Box on this TV). When there's a box involved all CC functions are processed within the box- and it simply sends that info to the TV. This means that since the cable went out right before this happened, that your cable box processor glitched, and would be a fault of the cable provider - since they own the equipment and are responsible for it's normal operation.

On a user level, all you can try is to unplug the cable box from power for 10 seconds (pull it's power cord from the wall outlet and plug it back in), and then once it reboots check to see if you still have the CC function active.

If so, then you will want to contact the cable provider and have them walk you through any intimate MENU's within the box where the CC can be shut off. If that does not fix it then simply have them swap the cable box out.

Expert:  Aric replied 28 days ago.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 28 days ago.

Do you need further assistance with this please?

Expert:  Aric replied 24 days ago.

Hello, I was just following up to see if you needed further help. The site shows that since the question is open that you are still looking for help. Or, if you received the information you were looking for-could you please kindly rate my service POSITIVELY (by clicking a 3-5 star rating at the top of the page) to reflect that? Thanks in advance.