Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I tried to set up direct tv to Sharp Aquos LLC-70le660u and

Customer Question

I tried to set up direct tv to Sharp Aquos LLC-70le660u and now the tv remote and buttons on the tv don't work. I have to unplug the tv to turn it off. Help. Thank you
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

Hello, Sorry you're having problems. When you mentioned "tried to setup direct to Sharp" what exactly was it you were doing when the issue occurred? Was it setting up the remote? Connecting the cables? Etc.?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Using the direct tv remote to program TV on it.
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

I'm not available by phone. Thanks for the reply. Right now what is displaying on the TV screen?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I am watching a football game. Noting is displayed. The tv remote and buttons on the tv will not operate the tv. The direct tv remote also doesn't control tv. I have to unplug the tv to turn it off.
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

Right, I understand what you already posted. Here's the thing- I am not there to see what you're seeing. I get the remote and buttons don't work. I don't know what the TV is actually DOING before you have to unplug it. In other words, is there ANYTHING displayed, any power lights, any sound, etc.??

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hello
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
This isn't working please cancel and don't charge me. Thank you.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Please cancel. I don't want a call from a technician. Thank you
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Please cancel this call and don't charge me. Please respond
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Please confirm cancellation of this call. I don't want a call. This doesn't work